About Submitting

Q: How to prepare scanned documents?
A: Students can use scanner to scan the documents into pictures. If scanners are not available, taking pictures by camera is also accepted if the pictures are clear.

Q: Letter of guardian for minors
A: Students younger than 18 years old must provide a letter of guardian for minors and find a Chinese or foreigner adult living in the same city where the applied university is located to be their guarantor. The steps of getting a letter of guardian for minors are as follows:
   1. Student’ parents write a power attorney and get notarized at the local embassy.
   2. Then the guarantor writes a letter of engagement and gets notarized at a local notary public office.
   3. Both letters should be submitted to a notary public office located in the city where the student studies. The notary public office will issue a letter of guardian for minors after accepting the application.
   4. Then, the student submits the letter of guardian for minors to True China.
   5. Finally, the student must bring the original letter with him when he registers with the university.

Q: Guardian letter charging your case in China
A:If a student is older than 18 years old, this letter could be written and sighed by his parents and then be uploaded. Please ask for samples from studyinchina@truechina.org if the student needs.

Q: Resume or personal statement
A: Some universities require resumes or personal statements. Students can write it in one page. The content could include their characteristics, hobbies, specialties, education backgrounds and work experiences if applicants have worked. If applicant is applying for Master’s or Doctor’s degree, it would be better to attach their study plan.

Q: Recommendation Letter
A: Some universities require one or two recommendation letters. Normally, applicants’ parents are not appropriate to be referrers. Applicants, if they are students, could ask their teachers for the letter; if they have worked, they could turn to their bosses or previous teachers for help. A manual signature is a must and a seal of the university or work unit is better. The content of recommendation letters mainly involves traits of applicants, applicants’ attendance and job performance etc. positive aspects.

Q: Grade reports and diplomas.
A: Grades reports and diplomas in non-English language should be translated into Chinese or English and get notarized.

Q: About the Physical Examination Certificate
A: Students can download the formal physical examination form for international students on True China website. This document is only necessary for those apply for an X-visa which is for students who will study in China for more than one year. Physical examination forms are not used to apply to universities but to apply for an X visa from embassy after receiving admission notice letters from the university.Students must bring the original physical examination certificate to China so they would not need to do another examination in China.The certificate must be within six month before applying for an X visa. Otherwise, it’s invalid.

Q: How to get a physical examination certificate done?
A: Applicants should take the form to a public hospital in their countries to do the physical examination. And, the physical examination form should be filled in by doctors after completing the subjects. Seals of the hospital are needed on the last page of the certificate and on the applicant’s photo.

Q: Guardian letter of source of funding
A: It’s a guarantee of the tuition fee students will pay for during their studying in China. If it’s a self-support, the letter should be filled and sighed by the person who will pay for the tuition.If it goes to scholarships, please upload a certificate from the scholarship issuing organization.

Q: HSK grade certificate 

A: HSK certificates are used to certify students’ Chinese language level. Those applying for English taught programs do not need to provide a HSK certificate.

Q: IELTS or TOEFL grade.
A: Students applying for a English taught program should provide a IELTS or TOEFL grade unless they come from English speaking country. If students come from non-English speaking countries, but have taken all courses in English, they can provide a certificate given by the high school or provide another kind of English level certificate and receive the verification of the university.

Q: What if a student got declined?
A: True China recommends prospect universities to students according to their backgrounds. Seldom students applying through True China got declined. But if it happens, True China will ask the university to issue an official rejection letter with reasonable explanation, and inform the student as soon as possible and try our best to recommend the student to other universities which could accept him without charging another service fee.